Saturday 25 May 2013

crafting and diy weekends

Today is Sunday where I live and I've spent the day doing a DIY project and more charms I wanted to show you all.

This DIY bag is inspired by a tutorial on Pinterest I found a while ago. After a lot of procrastinating, I found this calico bag and ironed it, before painting this pretty gradient heart effect with only the back of a pencil! It's a very easy and nice project to do.

Here's a close up of it. Towards the top, I started getting impatient and running out of paint so it get's rather messy, but from far away you can't tell :)

I also made these adorable little éclair charms out of polymer clay and dimensional paint for the 'chocolate icing' on top. I like to make these as they're fairly straightforward to make and they look cute! The only problem is that they're quite time consuming for such little pieces. I'll be selling these at school for a charity fair (non-profit). I hope they sell!

 Here's another shot of them. I know the sprinkles are completely out of proportion, but I like the colours for them!


Oh the magic of Photoshop! I was practising taking photos of my charms and turned a dark, unfocused photograph from my phone to this presentable picture. Here you can also see the size of the cookie and I love how the camera captured all the detail, from the crumbly texture of the cookie to the faint skin lines on my fingers!

Hope you all have a nice day and stay strong! xox


No comments:

Post a Comment